Are you keen to build a community of caring, skilled community leaders? Do you have the skills and passion to develop and lead alumni activities for Leadership Victoria? We are looking for a volunteer Alumni Engagement Coordinator, ideally for a one year commitment. Read on for the detailed position description...
Volunteer Job Description – Alumni Engagement Coordinator
Purpose: The position of Alumni Engagement Coordinator helps Leadership Victoria to maintain relationships with our 300+ leadership program alumni, so we can understand their ongoing learning interests, offer learning programs to match, and access the talents and networks of our alumni to ensure our ongoing success as an organization.
Key Responsibilities of the Ideal Volunteer:
- Plan, implement and promote alumni programs that support Leadership Victoria Society’s strategic plans as well as the needs of the Community Leadership Development Program (CLDP);
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally and afar;
- Develop and transmit regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages and social media groups (Facebook, LinkedIn);
- Identifies alumni needs through direct conversations and surveys, and advocate with LVS for alumni benefits that meet the changing needs of alumni;
- Improves the existing alumni directory and creates an alumni connections tool for the alumni to access via web;
- Educates graduating participants from the CLDP about alumni benefits and opportunities for further engagement with Leadership Victoria.
Reports To: Executive Director
Length of Appointment: A one-year commitment is desired. The position will be reviewed and renewed each summer.
Time Commitment: Varies – a minimum of 8 hours per month is expected, based on the responsibilities. Plan your schedule in conjunction with the Leadership Victoria staff. When events are planned, there may be higher time commitment.
Location: The Alumni Engagement Coordinator works at their own location mainly, and occasionally attends meetings at the Leadership Victoria office (downtown Victoria) and events around the region.
- Understanding of the Leadership Victoria “Core” Program, preferably as an alumnus of this program, or another similar community leadership development program;
- Demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with an identified group of people (e.g. alumni, volunteers, large staff);
- Experience and/or interest in leadership development education;
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build programs and activities;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write for social media, email newsletters and websites.
Support: Training will cover the following subjects: Leadership Victoria program structure, using Leadership Victoria communication tools, orientation to our existing alumni programs and activities. In addition, the Program Assistant, Executive Director and volunteer members of the Program Committee will be available for questions and assistance.
Other requirements: Driver’s license not required. Open to any ages, provided that the desired qualifications are met. Volunteers who experience barriers are welcome to apply.
Interested? Please email Susan Low, email@example.com, expressing your interest. We'll take it from there!