Strategic planning is a means of envisioning your organization's future and determining how to get there. It can stimulate ingenuity and new approaches, respond to opportunities and obstacles, and provide a framework for day-to-day decisions.
This learning lab will draw on the facilitator’s 22 years of experience as a strategic planning consultant, and link this field of practice with the organizational realities of session participants.
In this session, you will:
- Explore the benefits and pitfalls of strategic planning, drawing on your own experiences
- Become familiar with strategic planning concepts and “best practices”
- Identify ways to harness the power of strategic planning so that it creates real value
- Have fun and connect with other participants
After participating in this session, you will be able to:
- Understand important components of a strategic plan
- Help design a process to create or update a strategic plan in your own organization
About the facilitator
James Pratt brings 22+ years of experience helping build healthy communities and regions. An independent consultant since 1994, James provides strategic planning, stakeholder engagement, facilitation and organizational development services. His clients range from non-profit organizations and First Nations to public sector bodies and all levels of government.
735 Broughton St
Victoria, BC V8W 3H2
Google map and directions