Training others is more than just sharing what you know
You know your training topics well, but you could use more tools and strategies to ensure you are creating successful learning experiences for your participants. Training others is more than just sharing what you know. It involves planning and facilitating an active, engaged learning experience for everyone in the room.
You will create more engaging sessions that will help people learn
After taking this workshop, you will have a better understanding of how people learn, design and facilitation strategies to effectively engage all learners and tools to add to your facilitator “toolbox”.
In this workshop you will:
- Discuss philosophies and beliefs about facilitating others’ learning
- Explore strategies to create effective group learning cultures
- Gain an updated understanding of how people learn and how to consider participants’ learning preferences when designing training
- Explore the important role learning outcomes play in learning design
- Experience a number of participatory activities that you will be able to use in your own sessions – and know where to find more
- Identify design considerations for planning an interactive session agenda
- Discuss the importance of gathering feedback and reflecting on practice
Beth Cougler Blom is a self-employed learning designer and facilitator with more than 20 years of experience in the non-profit and education sectors. She spends her days creating great in-person and online courses for client organizations, facilitating workshops about how to train and facilitate both in person and online, and supporting groups as a group process facilitator. Beth has a Master of Education in Adult Education from The University of British Columbia and is a qualified Trainer for the Instructional Skills Workshop. Find out more about Beth at www.bethcouglerblom.com.