When assessing Expressions of Interest for entry to the program, we look for evidence of the following attributes:
- Motivated to be engaged in the community in a leadership capacity
- Current resident of the Greater Victoria region and committed to stay in the community for 3+ years after the program
- Currently employed in a professional or career position, or engaged in sustained volunteer activities
- Self-awareness about your strengths and weaknesses, and a commitment to personal and professional development;
- 2-4 years of higher education preferred - show your capacity to actively contribute to an adult learning environment with a diverse learning group, with all-day or multi-day learning sessions, and few formal learning supports;
- Willingness to commit to attending ALL of the program components and participate fully in a team Community Action Project - this includes a commitment not to take extended vacations during the program, and may require you to take days off work.
- Have the permission and support of his/her employer for participation.
Once these criteria are met, we will ask applicants to provide us with their resume, a letter of support from someone who knows you well enough to comment on your leadership potential, and signed commitment from your employer that they will allow you to take the time needed to participate in the program.
Leadership Victoria does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, political opinion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital/family status, language and any other discrimination or harassment prohibited by applicable law.