Leadership Victoria is seeking a workshop space that can accommodate our Community Learning Days and Leading in Community Workshop programming for the 2017-18 school year (September through June). Our preference is to work with a single venue for the year, if possible.
Read on for more details about what we're seeking, and our budget and dates.
- Minimum 1,200 square feet – increased for any pillars or architectural elements that may obstruct views or limit floor usage. Prefer 1,400-1,600 square feet.
- Additional break-out spaces are useful for some of our workshop elements. If no other spaces are available on-site, we would look for more square footage.
- Furniture that is moveable and supports collaboration and group work
- 6-10 round or rectangle tables
- Approximately 50 chairs
- Flip chart stands
- Some source of daylight into the room
- Ability to close doors or draw dividers to create an acoustic barrier (quiet learning space)
- Separated from noise-generating areas such as cafeterias, entrance hallways
- Appropriate HVAC controls to allow us to moderate the temperature in the room
Food / Catering Facilities
- Sink / kitchen counter space available for coffee/tea preparation (coffee-maker and kettle ideal)
- Allow us to bring in our own food/catering service, as we have a limited budget and often self-cater aspects of morning/afternoon snacks and lunches
- Washroom facilities to accommodate groups up to 40.
- Option to store a file box with our facilitation tools, and a case with our flip chart paper, onsite in between sessions.
Internet / Technology
- WiFi network available at no cost to attendees
- Power connections available
- Optional: screen and projector that we can connect to with a laptop
Parking / Transportation
- Proximity to a regular bus route (within 10 minutes walk)
- Parking for full-day participants available on-site (or within a 5 minute walk) – approx. 25 cars
- Wheelchair accessible building & room
Our budget is $150 per day for our Community Learning Days, and $100 for a half-day for the Leading in Community Workshops. If space is complimentary, contingent on using the on-site catering services, our budget for catering is $20 per person to include morning and afternoon snacks (muffins/fruit) and a sandwich/veggie lunch.
We are also open to providing one paid tuition seat in the Community Leadership Development Program (value $3000) in exchange for the venue rental for the Community Learning Days.
The Community Learning Days for 2017-18 are:
Friday, October 20
Saturday, October 21
Friday, November 17
Saturday, November 18
Friday, December 8
Friday, January 19
Saturday, January 20
Saturday, March 10
Friday, April 20
Saturday, May 12
All Community Learning Day sessions are 8:30am to 4:30pm. Set-up and clean-up times are included.
The Leading in Community Workshop Series dates for 2017-18 have not been set, and are flexible according to venue availability. There will be eight workshops, each 3 hours in length, at a blend of times including days, evenings, and weekends.
If you are the owner/manager of a space that fits these specifications, please contact Susan Low, Executive Director, to discuss arrangements. Phone 250-386-2269 ext.34 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.